Planning a birthday party for an adult can certainly be a daunting task. After all, they’ve probably had numerous parties in their honor throughout the years, so it can be difficult to keep things fresh. Furthermore, striking the right balance between a jovial celebration and a mature shindig can be tough to accomplish. However, with just the right theme, birthday party decorations and supplies, you're bound to give that special someone a gathering they'll be able to remember for years in down the road.
With that in mind, here are a few things that may help you brainstorm a perfect theme.
1. Wine and cheese. What’s more adult than indulging in these two classy delicacies? Aside from the obvious supplies, you’ll need a few others specifically for the event. Wine cork candles will provide some elegant lighting options, and combined with personalized birthday stemless wine glasses, they’ll be sure to perfectly set the mood for a relaxing and mature evening spent among friends.
2. Black and white. There’s something especially appealing about dressing to the nines and getting together with some of your best friends. Put on your finest outfit and sit down for a classy night. However, you’ll need to focus on much more than just your wardrobe for the party to be a success. Birthday decorations, such as mini lantern tea light holders and contemporary square glasses vases, will go a long way to setting the perfect scene.
3. Your guest of honor's hobbies. It doesn’t quite matter what it is, but if the guest of honor is passionate about it, you should celebrate it with a theme birthday party. For instance, if they’re into art or music, you can be sure to hang some of their favorite pieces or play some of their favorite tunes to set the mood. The rest is up to you, as you can serve whatever food you’d like to suit their tastes.
4. The significance of milestones. Of course not every birthday is a big one (who cares about turning 27?), but there are several that need to be recognized. The years 30 and 40, naturally, are the most obvious choices, so make sure you go all out when these two roll around.
5. Backyard barbecues. With summer just around the corner, there’s no better time to throw a combination BBQ and birthday party. Just make sure you set the mood with some round paper lanterns before you get cooking.