In years past, many couples may have opted for a muted wedding reception. Although there are certainly appeals to a throwback theme, with plenty of white and subdued designs, wouldn't it be better if you adhered to the changing times? There are plenty modern themes to choose from that will suit the tastes of both bride and groom alike.
1. Color. Perhaps most importantly, couples are choosing to include plenty of color into their reception. This is among the most popular recent trend, and it doesn't limit planners either. Any color is a good choice, whether you're looking to include blues and greens or if you'd rather opt for brighter shades of yellow and red. This also gives you the opportunity to make use of hand-painted butterfly decorations and beautiful, vibrant flowers in engraved glass vase centerpieces.
2. Seasonal. Regardless of when you're getting married, if you try to fit the theme of your reception to the season, it's bound to be a hit. For instance, if you're tying the knot in October, making use of the autumnal hues such as red and orange is a must. For the summer, focus on glass leaf tea light holders and other items that will evoke a sense of warmth.
3. Outdoors. There's nothing like celebrating newlyweds outside, but you'll have to take a few different things into consideration for it to be a success. Lighting is one of the more crucial aspects, as you won't be able to benefit from the ample fixtures present in indoor venues. Instead, some color paper round LED battery lanterns will have to provide guests with illumination after the sun sets.
4. Beach party. Depending on how casual you want to make your reception, a beach-themed party can be the perfect idea. You don't have to take it too far (we're not suggesting anybody show up in flip-flops) but items such as silver sailboat placecard holders can go a long way.
5. Classic. We know we said times are changing, but there's something to be said about the timeless elegance offered by a classic wedding reception. As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it, so if you're at loss for what to do, just go with an oldie but goody.