Turning 50 years old is a huge event in a person's life, and even if the birthday man doesn't want to be reminded of his age, he deserves a party.
The only question is, where do you celebrate such a momentous occasion? Here are some places you may want to consider.
1) A restaurant. Pick one with a menu your husband is sure to enjoy. If you plan to invite a lot of people, make sure the venue can accommodate larger parties and inquire about special deals.
2) Your home. If you have enough space to throw a party, your own home can be a cost-efficient and comfortable setting. Even better, make it a surprise! Get your husband out of the house, leave your friends the keys to the door, and return with your hubby to a grand party. Decorate the room with round paper lanterns and serve Cabernet Sauvignon and Riesling with personalized birthday wine labels on them.
3) A function room. A more personal and classy atmosphere for you and your guests can be achieved with a rented function room, such as a hotel. You'll likely have the freedom to decorate the room, so have fun and lay out engraved glass vase centerpieces.
4) A theater show, sports game or whatever floats his boat. A lot of men prefer not to have a big party in their honor, so why not purchase a couple of tickets to a hot show? Hit the bars afterwards and allow your sweetheart to turn a year older solely in your company.
5) Let him decide. If all else fails, it doesn't hurt to get his opinion - it's likely knows exactly what he wants to do.