When you think of birthday party games, there are few things that come to minds, and most them have to do with kids. While everyone can appreciate activities such as Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Duck, Duck, Goose and Musical Chairs, you'll have to change your tune for an adult birthday party. Just because you're grown up doesn't mean you can't have fun - all you have to do is find a few games that are well-suited for an older crowd and everyone in attendance is sure to have a blast!
Here are the top five grown up birthday party games that will take your shindig to the next level.
1. Horseshoes, lawn darts and bacci. If you're lucky enough to be throwing a birthday party during the warmer months, it would be silly if you didn't make use of the great outdoors. There are plenty of sports everyone can play in their own backyard. These classic activities are all classics that people of all ages can appreciate. Just make sure that if things get dark you have plenty of color paper round LED battery lanterns.
2. Trivia. It could be on whatever subject you like (Star Wars and music to name a few), but a good trivia-off is something everyone can enjoy. Split into teams and try to out-smart each other. Though it can get pretty heated, try to keep things light by offering up a fun prize for the winner, such as personalized lip balm or personalized Jelly Belly bags.
3. Cards. If there's one thing that separates the young from the old (aside form age) it's the appreciation for card games. Crazy Eights and Go Fish have long been replaced by Setback and Poker. Try to get a game of the latter together and use some chocolate casino chips to bet with, providing the winner with his own cache of cocoa goodness.
4. Finish the story. This one can be busted out at any party, so why not bring it out for a birthday celebration? All you have to do is start things off with a random sentence. (Here's one: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog). Then, your guest will build on that one sentence. Nonsense? Maybe. Hilarious? Definitely.
5. Charades. Perhaps one of the most well-known party games, charades has stood the test of time for good reason. Few things beat watching one your best friends desperately trying to act out "A Few Good Men."