Did you know that February 22nd is National Margarita Day? When we found this out, we jumped at the chance to enjoy some margaritas ourselves and came across so many delicious looking recipes along the way! So we decided to share some of our favorite choices with you. Each are super simple to make are made to be light and refreshing as well as pretty (the light colors of these look perfect for spring)! Keep reading to see how you can make one of these favorite recipes just in time for National Margarita Day.
Vanilla Pear Margarita
This margarita has all the best ingredients of a normal margarita such as tequila and lime with some super delicious extras including pear, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey! This is definitely one sweet cocktail we’re dying to try.
- 4 ounces pear juice
- 2 ounces 100% agave silver tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Fresh vanilla bean seeds from a 3″ piece of vanilla bean
- Drizzle of honey (about 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Cinnamon sugar for rim (equal parts cinnamon and sugar or coconut sugar)
Directions: Run a lemon slice along the rim of your glass and then rim it with cinnamon and sugar. Combine all ingredients (except the cinnamon and sugar) in a cocktail shaker and shake until combined. Pour over ice and garnish with a slice of pear and vanilla bean if desired.
Honeydew Melon Margarita
This pretty green margarita sounds incredibly light and refreshing thanks to the slightly sweet addition of honeydew. It also includes Midori and agave and requires no ice – just use frozen chunks of honeydew instead.
- 1 cup frozen honeydew melon cubes (instructions below)
- 1 ½ ounces Silver or Blanco Tequila
- ½ ounce Midori melon liqueur
- ½ ounce Lime Juice
- ¼ ounce Agave Nectar
Directions: Cut honeydew into cubes making sure that seeds are removed and place in the freezer until frozen. Once frozen, place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas
This creamy cocktail includes ingredients such as orange, coconut milk, and coconut water along with a shredded coconut rim which sounds both unique and delicious to us.
- 2 ounces grand marnier
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce coconut water
- 1 ounce canned light coconut milk
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- unsweetened shredded + toasted coconut for glass rims
- orange + lime slices for serving
Directions: Use honey to stick shredded coconut along your glasses‘ rim. Combine grand marnier, orange juice, tequila, lime juice, coconut water, coconut milk, and syrup in a cocktail shaker and shake for at least 30 seconds. Pour over ice and garnish with slices of orange or lime.
Spicy Watermelon Margarita
We can only imagine how delicious this margarita is! It has the sweet and light flavor of watermelon but here’s the kick – jalapeno! Make the margarita as sweet or spicy as you want depending on how long you leave the jalapeno in the glass.
- 2 ounces fresh watermelon juice
- 1½ ounces tequila, preferably 100% agave silver or blanco tequila
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeño round (1/4 inch wide, a little goes a long way!)
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar or simple syrup, more to taste
- Optional garnish: 1 tiny watermelon wedge
- Kosher salt
- Ancho chili powder or regular chili powder
- Lime wedges
Directions: On a small plate, mix 1 part kosher salt with 1 part chili powder. Run a lime wedge along the rim of your glass and then rim with the salt and chili powder mix. Blend watermelon until it is at a juice consistency. (If it is too pulpy for your preference, you may have to run it through a strainer.) Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, orange juice, agave nectar, and a jalapeno slice. Shake for at least 30 seconds. Pour over ice.
Frozen Mango Lima Margarita
This frozen margarita sounds like the best of both worlds as it’s both sweet and tart. The chopped mango and honey sound like they pair perfectly with the usual tequila and lime if you ask us.
- 2-3 cups of ice
- 1 cup fresh chopped mango
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec*
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Honey (optional)
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
Directions: Run a lime wedge along your glasses‘ rim and then rim with sugar. Add mango, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec to blender (add honey if additional sweetness desired). Add 2 cups of ice and blend until smooth. Add additional ice depending on desired thickness. Pour into glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Which of these margaritas are you dying to try? Is there a unique margarita flavor you know of that you would like to share with us?