Learn Art: Be Unique and Let Your Creativity Flow
Art is an important facet of society, it allows us a constructive outlet for our emotions and energy. The ability to create artwork is very empowering and allows the artist to embrace and explore their talents; but before running for the pastels and paints, it is important to understand the different elements that go into a piece of art. Learning about the fundamental elements, principles, and theories of art and composition is important to one’s art education, the following is your guide to learning about art, and how different elements of art can be combined to create an artwork that is unique and special.
Elements of Art
- Art & Design Elements – Learn more about the elements of art and design and how they are incorporated into art.
- Elements of Art – Detailed information about the elements of art, including color shape, and texture.
- The 7 Formal Elements – Understand the seven traditional elements of design and why they are important to art as a whole.
- Element Examples – Gain a better understanding of the elements of art with these examples.
- Art and Design – Explore the elements of art through this easy to follow website.
- Formal Elements – An introduction to the formal elements of art is an important foundation for further art education.
Principles of Art
- ABCs of Art – Learn about the basics to better “read” a piece of art.
- Balance – Discover the importance of balance in art with this basic information and examples.
Other Art Concepts
- Art Glossary – Use this art glossary to familiarize yourself with art terminology.
- Analogous Colors – Basic information about analogous colors and how they can be incorporated into art.
- Symbolism of Colors – Learn the meaning behind different colors and what type of emotion each color sparks.
- Color Theory – Explore the use and importance of color in artwork.
- Color Wheel – Discover the color wheel and its many variations. The color wheel is an important tool of art.
- Printable Color Wheel – Information and examples of primary, secondary, and color schemes using the color wheel.
- Complimentary Colors – Examples of complimentary colors and how to identify complimentary colors on a color wheel.
- Color Principles – Detailed information about the use of hue, saturation, and value in art.
- Additive Primaries – Information about additive color and how it is used in art and graphic design; this also covers information about shade and tint.
- The Primary Colors – Basic information about additive and subtractive primary colors and how they can be combine to achieve new secondary colors.
- Primary & Secondary Colors – Elementary information about primary and secondary colors and how they work together to influence art.
- Emphasis – Information and insight into how to guide the focus and emphasis in an artwork.
- Perspective – A detailed explanation of perspective and how it is used in art to direct the viewer.
- Art Safety Guide – Learn how to use different media and the precautions that you should be aware of when using a particular media.
- Glazes – Information about different media and how they can be used on a surface.
- How to Make Paint – Homemade paint allows the artist total control of the color and the media they are working with.
- Painting Guide – Learn how to master the art of painting with this easy to follow guide.
- Oil Painting – Detailed information about oil painting and how it has evolved and been used throughout art.
- Painting – Information about the origins of painting and its impact on the art community.
- Tempera Painting – Learn about the tempera painting and what is needed for tempera work.
- Pastel Painting – Detailed information about what pastel painting is and how it is used.
- Basics of Pastel – Brief information about the use of pastel and famous artists who have used the media.
- Drawing – Student artwork and information about drawing with pen and pencil media.
- Abstract Art – Detailed information about abstract art and some of the artists who helped to make it famous.
- Baroque – Basic information about the Baroque style.
- The Baroque Style – Information about the history of the baroque style and those who made the style acceptable in the art community.
- Byzantine Art – Examples and information about the Byzantine style.
- Cubism – Learn about analytical cubism and how it influenced art of the 20th century.
- Greek & Roman Art – information and samples of Greek and Roman art, as well as subsections of both art genres.
- Impressionism – Basic information about impressionism and popular impressionist artists.
- Realism – Basic principles of realist art and insight from famous realist artists.
- Renaissance Art – Understand what renaissance art is and how it impacted art history.
- Romanesque Art – Detailed information about Romanesque art and its common characteristics.