Wedding Favors Ideas for Your Wedding Theme
While it's true that there are many events in our life that are worth remembering, there is nothing like professing your love for that worthy someone in front of all of your friends and family. That is why wedding planning is such an important task. You want to get all of the details just right for the day you'll always remember.
Planning can be overwhelming so it is prudent to not bite off more than you can chew. Keep in mind the three big areas you'll need to focus on: the wedding venue, reception and honeymoon. If you have the resources, you can hire a wedding planner or just call on friends to help take care of some of the things big and small, like picking the right flowers, interviewing photographers or even ordering the wedding napkins.
The best way to tie everything together is to have a theme for your wedding. For this, all you need is good taste, not a big budget. And with a few tips regarding the decorations, menu and some wedding favors ideas, holding your very own themed wedding—whether your theme is Asian, Victorian, or polka dots—will be a breeze.
- Start by choosing a theme. Find something that speaks to your interests and style. Maybe something that brought the two of you together, or a hobby you share.
- Create an ambience based on colors that fit your theme; pink and silver work for a fairytale-themed wedding, but a beach themed wedding looks best in white and sky blue for example. Also the season may determine the theme. Bright white and ice blue shades are good winter wedding colors, while vibrant colors like yellows and greens are perfect for summer weddings.
- Once you have the color scheme, you can choose flowers, whether dyed or natural to match. Bridal party attire can also be picked out to complement the theme.
- Table linens and customized wedding napkins can really help bring the look of the reception together. This is also true for other accessories such as candles, drapes, centerpieces, place card holders, cake toppers and other wedding decorations.
- Guests will be bringing two things home from this very special event — their memories and the wedding favors. There are many great wedding favor ideas out there that they should not be disappointed. If the budget is a consideration, a thoughtful do-it-yourself favor can be just as fabulous. A well-designed thank you note or a short poem written on pretty paper can be meaningful keepsakes for your guests.
- Don't forget to tie the favors back in with your theme. You could give homemade chocolate whoopie pies with vanilla cream for a black and white wedding theme or personalized golf balls if you both love to golf.
There are endless ideas for planning an unforgettable wedding. The most important thing is that you enjoy every moment of your big day. If it also happens to look fantastic, well that's icing on the cake!